Happy New Year! I'm closing out 2014 with a grand total of 268 books (the vast majority are manga), 13 movies and an unknown amount of television because I don't actually care enough to count it out. I've thought it over and I would like to revamp my media patterns in 2015! The following are Z's Sort of Goals, Idk, More Guidelines Really, We'll Check In July and See Then:
- MOAR non-fiction. I am going to make a concerted effort to actually: a) track what I read by genre and b) attempt to learn something new. I would like to have at least 10% of my reading in 2015 consist of non-fiction material. Tune in July to see how that goes!
: the scaled down version! Excluding manga I read a total of 20 POC authored books this year. Next year I'm aiming for 30.
- This is probably going to be the hardest one but ah well. Here goes! In 2015, I, Zeineb Too-Paranoid-to-Give-Out-My-Last-Name-
on-the-Internet, am going to attempt to read 'literary fiction'. Specifically I am going to try and read at least one literary title a month and review it on my professional blog. Literary will be defined as the following:
- Not a comic book. Comics can definitely be literary but in my particular case that would be cheating because I read those anyways and this challenge is not meant to be an excuse to just go read Viz's entire Signature line. :l
- If it has magic and/or spaceships it probaaaaably doesn't count as literary either. I will allow it if it's won an award or something as my modus operandi to date has been to ignore anything that looks like it could possibly win any kind of prize but otherwise? Nope. The point is to stretch my horizons here.
- YA is acceptable but no more than two can count for this challenge. I'M WATCHING YOU.
I also would like to make a concerted effort to watch more movies but I'm not going to set specific numbers there because ehhhh. ONE CAN ONLY STRETCH THEIR HORIZONS SO FAR.
And now without further ado, the last of my books and television for 2014.( Books )( Television )